Thursday, June 7, 2007

Best Friend of all Times


Today, I was on my way home from class and I received a phone call from the great Julie (Wood) Dunn. Julie has been my best friend since the first grade and I must say that there is none other like her. Since we were little, we have been involved in many sporting events, have taken many road trips and had many nights out. One of our greatest memories was playing softball, so it was fitting that as I was driving home and we were talking, I saw a girl and her father practicing softball. It really made me miss the old days when life was just fun. I didn't have a lot to worry about and whenever I needed someone to talk to or a great friend to hang out with, Julie was there. She has been a true friend. While Julie and I live nearly seven hours away, we never seem to skip a beat when we're together. She always enables me to truly be myself. Our conversation made my day. I was not having the best of days and I truly needed someone to talk to, so it was fitting that she called when she did. It helped me to see how God works in the smallest of situations. Before I was always the one that tried to encourage Julie to become a Christian and to live a Christ- like life. However, over the past couple of years, she is always the one that has encouraged me to live a life for the Lord. Of all my girlfriends, she is by far the one that has played the greatest role in my daily walk with Christ, and for that I am thankful.

1 comment:

mermaid2884 said...

It sounds like you guys have an amazing relationship. God is so amazing for putting special people like that in our lives!!